Audit Test List
- Whole house blower door test – identifies building envelope leaks and connectivity between spaces
- Pressure pan or duct blaster test – identifies the amount of leakage which exists in a heating and air conditioning air delivery system (ducts)
- Thermal imaging – the use of a thermal imaging camera identifies insulation and thermal envelope failures
- Pressure testing – identifies pressure imbalances which exaggerate leaks, prevent heating and air conditioning systems to function correctly and draws polluted air into a home
- Static pressure – identifies if your heating and air conditioning system have the proper amount of air to meet the needs of the system. Many systems are starved for air.
- Air flow – In conjunction with heat load assessments, measuring air flow can determine if the appropriate amount of CFM’s are delivered to any given space to insure proper comfort
- Combustible Appliance Zonal – a safety test to insure that combustible appliances are operating in a safe environment. Pressure imbalances are known to draw poisonous gases into a home.
- Visual assessment – inspect the attic, exterior and interior of the home to identify problem areas.
Although these test are critical to the evaluation process, understanding the data and applying building science techniques requires a trained professional. REEIS’ Home Performance Analysts are certified, award winning professionals who explain their findings in a simple, easy to understand manner. After the audit, your Home Performance Analyst will deliver you a comprehensive report explaining his/her findings and discuss your options. If you elect to make improvements based on our findings, your Home Performance Analyst will act as the project manager insuring the project is completed timely and meets are high quality standards.
For APS & SRP customers, the audit is subsided so the cost to you is only $99 and comes with 10 free CFL bulbs, an energy savings shower head and 3 energy saving aerators.
The California utility companies do not offer subsidies for the audit. REEIS offers the audit for $199. The service does not include the light bulbs, shower head or aerators.